This is a consolidated agenda for the scheduled meeting of the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors, also sitting as the Governing Board of the following: Successor Agency to the County of San Bernardino Redevelopment Agency; County Industrial Development Authority; Economic and Community Development Corporation; Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino; In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority; Inland Counties Emergency Medical Agency; County Flood Control District; Board Governed County Service Areas; Inland Empire Public Facilities Corporation; San Bernardino County Financing Authority; San Bernardino County Fire Protection District; Big Bear Valley and Bloomington Recreation and Park Districts. This consolidated agenda contains a brief description of each item of business to be considered at todays meeting. In accordance with the Ralph M. Brown Act, this meeting agenda is posted at least 72 hours prior to the regularly scheduled meeting on the official Board of Supervisors Bulletin Boards outside of the County Government Center, 385 North Arrowhead Avenue, San Bernardino, CA, the Bob Burke Joshua Tree Government Center, 63665 Twentynine Palms Highway, Joshua Tree, CA 92252 and the Jerry Lewis High Desert Government Center, 15900 Smoke Tree Street, Hesperia, CA 92345. The agenda, its supporting documents and all writings received by the Board related to these items are public records and available for review during regular business hours at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors office on the 2nd floor of the County Government Center. The agenda and its supporting documents, along with live and archived video of the meeting, can be viewed online at http://www.sbcounty.gov/cob. However, the online agenda may not include all available supporting documents or the most current version of documents. Unless otherwise required by Federal, State, or local law or regulation, an act of the Board of Supervisors is valid and/or binding if a majority of all the members of the Board concur. Any exception to the majority vote requirement will be noted as part of the recommended action in the Board item (e.g., Four votes required). Items listed on the Consent Calendar are expected to be routine and non-controversial and, unless the Board directs that an item be held for further discussion, the entire Consent Calendar will be acted upon as the first item of business on the Discussion Calendar (entitled Action on Consent Calendar). If the Board directs that an item listed on the Consent Calendar be held for further discussion, the item will be addressed under Deferred Items, the second item listed on the Discussion Calendar.
Orland Eugene Sylve v. Ford Motor Company, et al., San Bernardino County Superior Court Case No. CIVDS1505731 N.G., et al. v. County of San Bernardino, et al., San Bernardino County Superior Court Case No. CIVDS1621143 Citizens for the Preservation of Rural Living v. County of San Bernardino, San Bernardino County Superior Court Case No. CIVDS1213273 City of Riverside v. Black Decker (US), Inc., et al., County of Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC410878
3) No Item 4) 1. Find that pursuant to the provisions of Public Resources Code Section 9314(b)(1), the Mojave Desert Resource Conservation Districts Board of Directors, by resolution, has requested that the Board of Supervisors appoint directors to their District Board as an alternative to the election of said directors.
2. Adopt a resolution authorizing the Chairman of the Board of Supervisors, the Chief Executive Officer, or the Director of Department of Aging and Adult Services, as required by the California Department of Aging, to execute all documents, including any subsequent, non-substantive amendments, on behalf of the County, in relation to State Contract MI-1718-20, subject to review by County Counsel.
7) Approve employment contract with Sabreen White, MBA to provide services to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center as the Research Program Coordinator for an approximate annual cost of 97,375.78, effective March 7, 2018 through March 6, 2021. (Presenter: William Gilbert, Director, 580-6150) 8)
(Presenter: William L. Gilbert, Director, 580-6150) 11) Approve agreement with Data Management, Inc. for TimeClock Plus for time and labor management services at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in the amount of 849,551 for the period of February 13, 2018 through February 12, 2023. (Presenter: William L. Gilbert, Director, 580-6150) 12) Approve changes within the following Membership and/or Clinical Privileges categories requested in Attachment A, as recommended by the Medical Executive Committee: Applications for Initial Appointment Medical Staff Applications for Initial Appointment Advanced Practice Professional Applications for Reappointment Medical Staff Applications for Reappointment Advanced Practice Professional Completion of Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE) with Advancement Medical Staff Completion of FPPE (Proctoring) Medical Staff Completion of FPPE (Proctoring) Advanced Practice Professional Extension of Provisional Period Medical Staff Voluntary Relinquishment of Clinical Privileges Medical Staff Voluntary Resignation of Membership and/or Clinical Privileges Medical Staff Voluntary Relinquishment of Membership and/or Clinical Privileges Advanced Practice Professional Voluntary Withdrawal of Application Medical Staff (Presenter: William L. Gilbert, Director, 580-6150) 13)
(Presenter: Melissa Russo, Director 798-8608) Public Health 33) Approve contract with Norcott Consulting to provide grant writer and consultant services for the Ryan White Part A program, in an amount not to exceed 180,000, for the period of March 1, 2018 through February 28, 2021. (Presenter: Trudy Raymundo, Director, 387-9146) 34)
Real Estate Services 50) Approve an approximately 29-year Communications Use Lease with the United States of America, acting through the Bureau of Land Management, Department of the Interior, for the use of approximately 2,500 square feet of land, including a 324 square foot equipment shelter and a 40-foot tall antenna tower situated thereon, located at Spirit Mountain near Christmas Tree Pass in Nevada, for the operation and maintenance of a County of San Bernardino public safety radio facility, commencing upon full execution of the Communications Use lease through December 31, 2046 for the Information Services Department at no cost to the County. (Presenter: Terry W. Thompson, Director, 387-5252) 51) Approve a two-year revenue license agreement, with two one-year options to extend the term of the license at Countys sole discretion, with One Internet America, LLC, for the period of March 1, 2018 through February 29, 2020, for approximately 100 square feet of County-owned land in Ontario for total revenue in the amount of 6,000. (Presenter: Terry W. Thompson, Director, 387-5252) 52)
53) 1. Approve a three-year contract with Fujitec America, Inc. in an amount not to exceed 458,820, for the period of March 10, 2018 through March 9, 2021, to provide vertical transportation system maintenance services at 29 county-owned facilities.
3. Approve a three-year contract with Fujitec America, Inc. in an amount not to exceed 220,500, for the period of March 10, 2018 through March 9, 2021, to provide vertical transportation system maintenance services at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
(Presenter: Beahta Davis, Director, 909-387-2340) 59) No Item Risk Management 60) Approve the renewal of the Countys Property Insurance through the California State Association of Counties Excess Insurance Authority, with shared coverage limits of 800 million for all risk exposures, 1.2 billion for flood, 740 million for earthquake, and 750 million for terrorism, for the period of March 31, 2018 through March 31, 2019, for a total premium not to exceed 4,526,000. (Presenter: LeAnna Williams, 386-8621) 61) 1. Find that the private property owned by Apple Valley resident Michael Davis (Davis) was damaged during a controlled burn performed by the Regional Parks Department, and as part of settlement negotiations between the Department of Risk Management and Davis, County agrees to remove tree debris from property at no cost to Davis.
4. Approve Project as defined in the Notice of Exemption and direct the Clerk of the Board to file and post the Notice of Exemption. (Presenter: LeAnna Williams, Director, Department of Risk Management) Sheriff/Coroner/Public Administrator 62)
(Presenter: Jeffrey O. Rigney, Director, 387-5967) Transitional Assistance 71) Approve an increase of 1,000, from 75,600 to 76,600, to the Human Services imprest fund. (Presenter: Gilbert Ramos, Director, 388-0245)
72) Approve travel for March 6, 2018 through March 8, 2018 for Executive Workforce Development Board (WDB) members Phil Cothran, William Sterling, B.J. Patterson, Jon Novack and Anita Tuckerman to attend the 2018 California Workforce Association Day at the Capitol event in Sacramento, CA on March 7, 2018 at an estimated cost of 8,399. (Presenter: Reg Javier, Deputy Executive Officer, 387-4460) 73)
Multijurisdictional Item with the following entities: County of San Bernardino; San Bernardino County Flood Control District; San Bernardino County Fire Protection District 87) 1. Acting as the governing body of the County of San Bernardino, approve Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the County of San Bernardino, through its Department of Public Works Transportation (Department), the San Bernardino County Flood Control District (District), and the San Bernardino County Fire Protection District Hazardous Materials Division (SBCFPD) pertaining to incident response involving hazardous materials within County Maintained Road System (CMRS) or District right-of-way from February 13, 2018 through June 30, 2023. 2. Acting as the governing body of the District, approve MOU between the District, the Department, and SBCFPD pertaining to incident response involving hazardous materials within CMRS or District right-of-way from February 13, 2018, through June 30, 2023. 3. Acting as the governing body of the SBCFPD, approve MOU between SBCFPD, the Department, and the District pertaining to incident response involving hazardous materials within CMRS or District right-of-way from February 13, 2018, through June 30, 2023. (Presenter: Mark A. Hartwig, Fire Chief/Fire Warden, 387-5779) DISCUSSION CALENDAR Board of Supervisors 88) Action on Consent Calendar PUBLIC COMMENT
Monitor up to five cities and counties and get alerts when they plan to vote on topics you're passionate about.