County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Jack Duran, District 1, Vice Chair Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Chair Teri Ivaldi, Chief of Staff
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you
are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by
a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for
Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER AND COUNTY EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
TIMED ITEMS to be discussed at the time shown or shortly thereafter
1. Conduct a Public Hearing, consider all protests, tabulate ballots, and adopt a Resolution creating Zone of Benefit No. 226 and imposing an annual
assessment of 67.55, plus an annual cost of living modification, per equivalent dwelling for all parcels that become a part of Tahoe Cedars subdivision project, subject to the recordation of a final map for the Tahoe Cedars subdivision, to provide transit services for the Tahoe Cedars subdivision.
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to adopt a Resolution approving the 2018 Placer County Fire Facilities Impact Fee Study and Capital Improvement Plan with
the new fee being set at .59, .34, and .13 per square foot for new residential, commercial, and agricultural development respectively, and include an annual fee increase methodology based on the San Francisco region Construction Cost Index as reported in the Engineering News Record magazine and make findings as required by Government Code 66000 et. seq.
1. Approve Amendment 6 to contract 7207500-13/15-706 with County of Sacramento, to extend the contract by one (1) year for the Ryan White
Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency Act, for the cumulative period of July 01, 2012 through February 28, 2019, and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to execute the amendment and sign subsequent amendments consistent with the agreements subject matter and scope of work, with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
3. Approve an amendment to the Sierra Foothills Aids Foundation Agreement CN005942 for a cumulative period of July 01, 2017 through February 28, 2019
in an amount not to exceed 321,942, to perform services related to the County of Sacramento, Ryan While Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency Act Amendment 6; and, authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the amendment with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence and subsequent amendments not to exceed 50,000 consistent with subject matter and scope of work and Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to enter into a Cooperative Work Agreement and a Utility
Agreement, with County Counsel and Risk Managements concurrence, with California American Water to relocate a waterline in conflict with the bridge replacement project on Walerga Road at Dry Creek. The estimated relocation cost of 1,500,000 will be entirely funded by California American Water.
1. Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute Amendment No. 1 to Contract No. CN000934 with MV Transportation,
Inc., with County Counsel and Risk Managements concurrence, to adjust the rate charged to provide transit drivers to Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit for an amount not to exceed 1,750,000 for the period of January 01, 2018, to September 30, 2020. This will be funded by approximately 70 Transient Occupancy Tax contributions to TART, 10 from Resort Contributions, and 20 from Fare Revenue
1. Approve the renewal of a negotiated agreement with Pacific Gas and Electric Company of Sacramento, CA for the purchase of natural gas for
compression as a motor vehicle fuel in the maximum amount of 160,000, For the period of April 01, 2018 through March 31, 2019 funded by revenue collected from Fleet rate customers and Fleet direct charge customers with no net County cost, for the period of FY 2017-18 and FY 2018-19.
1. Approve and authorize the Auditor-Controller to execute a contract with Maverick Solutions, a division of GP Strategies Corporation, to provide
training materials for Workday Financials in the amount not to exceed 62,000 for the period of February 20, 2018 through May 11, 2018. The cost will be absorbed by the Enterprise Resource Project budget.
1. Authorize the County Executive Officer or designee to execute a third amendment to Professional Services Agreement No. 13574 in the amount of
93,500 for engineering and related services for the Placer Ranch Project with Mackay Somps Civil Engineers, for a total contract amount of 1,951,040. Funding is included in the Countys General Fund FY 2017-18 Final Budget, Community and Agency Support appropriation.
2. Authorize the County Executive Officer to sign a Professional Services Agreement between Placer County and Conservation Strategy Group for
advocacy services on behalf of Placer County as a member of the Alliance, in the amount of 6,000, funded by the Community and Agency Support budget, at no new net cost to the County, at no new net cost to the County, for the period of February 01, 2018 through September 30, 2018.
A. Measure F, Other Safety Classifications, and Sec. 207 Increases for Calendar Year 2018.
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced February 06, 2018, amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance, implementing
the required salaries for the classifications covered by Measure F, and other law enforcement classifications, and confirming Board member salaries under Section 207 of the County Charter. Oral reading waived.
1. Adopt a Resolution to approve Contract Amendment No. 5 to Professional Services Agreements No. 1161 and 1162 with CH2M, Inc. for Professional
Engineering Services for the Bowman Road over Union Pacific Railroad Bridges Rehabilitation Project, for an additional amount of 72,253 and a total amount not to exceed 332,263 for each agreement with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute future contract amendments up to 10 of the contract amount as needed, not to exceed 50,000 individually. The project is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2017-18 Final Budget.
2. Adopt a Resolution of Intention to set a Public Hearing at 9:00am or as soon thereafter on Tuesday March 20, 2018 to consider the annexation of
all parcels connected to the sewer systems, as well as all parcels located within the boundaries of CSA 28, Zone 24 Applegate Sewer, a total of 89 parcels, into the boundaries of Sewer Maintenance District 1 as the final administrative actions related to the Applegate Regional Sewer Pipeline Project.
F. Gold Country Wildlife Rescue Site Access Agreement Placer County Government Center, 11251 B Avenue, Auburn CA
1. Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute a Site Access Agreement, upon Risk Management and County Counsel
concurrence, with Gold Country Wildlife Rescue, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, granting a license to use a vacant barn and portion of a pasture at 11251 B Avenue in the Placer County Government Center, on an annual basis for no additional charge.
resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional
disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later
than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Boards action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails. If the site is closed due to inclement weather, a notice will be posted by 9:00 a.m. the day of the Board meeting.