(5. DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT (5. Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aid or services are requested to contact Jose A. Valdez Jr., City Secretary, at (956) 791-7308 at least two working days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made. The accessible entrance and accessible parking spaces are located at City Hall, 1100 Victoria Ave.
3. Public Hearing and Introductory Ordinance amending the City of Laredo FY 2018 Airport Construction Fund budget to appropriate revenues and expenditures in the amount of 3,800,000.00. Revenues are from a Transfer In from the Capital Improvements Fund. The expenditures will be for various airport improvement projects, including reconstruction of Phase 12 and 13 of the cargo apron area project.
District Ill 5. Public Hearing and Introductory Ordinance amending the Zoning Ordinance (Map) of the City of Laredo by rezoning approximately 8.9264 acres, (described by Metes and Bounds in attached Exhibit A ), located at 900 LF South of Aquero Blvd. West of Bernadette Lane, from AG (Agricultural District) to R-1A (Single Family Reduced Area District); provided for publication and effective date.
District VI I 6. Public Hearing and Introductory Ordinance amending the Zoning Ordinance (Map) of the City of Laredo by rezoning approximately 7.7267 acres, (further described by metes and bounds in attached Exhibit A ), located at 1,200 LF South of Aquero Blvd., and East of Bernadette Lane, from AG (Agricultural District) to R-1 B (Single Family High Density District); providing for publication and effective date.
9. Public Hearing and Introductory Ordinance amending the Zoning Ordinance (Map) of the City of Laredo by rezoning Lots 7 and 8, Block 1153, Eastern Division, located at 712 Malinche Ave., from R-1 (Single Family Residential District) to R-2 (Multi-Family Residential District). ZC-34-2018
2018-R-53 A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Laredo, Texas, authorizing the City Manager to submit a grant application in the amount of 15,000.00 - 20,000.00 to the U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) for the Parks and Leisure Services Department Urban Horticulture and Forestry Division and to execute all necessary documents resulting from the award. The purpose of the grant is for the NRCS to furnish assistance to parties with mutual interests in the conservation of natural resources as referenced in the Soil Conservation and Domestic Allotment Act of 1936, as amended (PUBLIC LAW 74-46, 16 U.S.C. 590 A-F).
44. Approving monthly adjustments to the tax roll. The amounts to be adjusted for the month of March 2018, represent a decrease of 170,374.58. These adjustments are determined by the Webb County Appraisal District and by court orders.
47. Discussion with possible action as it relates to the status of the Pavement Ordinance. 48. Final report and recommendation with possible action for an alternative truck route for the Scott Sanchez/railroad truck route crossing by the Committee formed for said task.
The Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any posted agenda item when authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices), and/or 551.086 (Economic Development). Following closed session, the open meeting will reconvene at which time action, if any, may be taken.
A. Request by Mayor Pete Saenz 1. Discussion with possible action on a status report regarding Economic Development Initiatives by City staff as recommended by our Economic Development Assessment Study during the comprehensive plan known as Viva Laredo. B. Request by Council Member Alberto Torres, Jr. 1. Discussion with possible action on the adoption of a special event and fee waiver policy allowing for the approval by the City Manager, the Mayor, or three Council Members of certain rental and permit fee waivers, staffing services and/or in-kind support for qualifying requests that meet established criteria, and any other matter incident thereto. (Co-Sponsored by Council Member Roberto Balli) C. Request by Council Member Nelly Vielma 1. Discussion with possible action to amend the scope of services of the navigators positions to include outreach and referral services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault and any items incident thereto. 2. Discussion with possible action to incorporate a mandatory yearly training for our first responders, LPD and Fire Department , to deal with critical incidents, mental health de-escalation techniques and resilience to assist with identifying triggering factors, peer groups, etc. and any other matters incident thereto. 3. Discussion with possible action to establish an office at the Health Department that will provide information, outreach and referrals to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in coordination with the navigators positions, the domestic violence coalition network of referrals, and the women's health clinic and any other matters incident thereto. D. Request by Mayor Pro-Tempore Charlie San Miguel 1. Discussion with possible action to direct the City Manager through the Public Information Office to develop and implement a media campaign to raise awareness and inform the public of the detrimental effect excessive irrigation has on City streets , existing ordinances regulating the use of sprinkler systems, and penalties associated with violations of the ordinances.
a tLl > .U 0 LL 0.::: Th is notice was posted at the Municipal Government Offices, 11 1 0 Houston Street, Laredo, Texas, at a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times. Said notice was posted on Wednesday, April 1 1 , 2018 at 7 : 1 0 p.m. co t.n ..:0 :, l
Monitor up to five cities and counties and get alerts when they plan to vote on topics you're passionate about.