2. From the Chief of Police submitting a Resolution authorizing the New Haven Police Department to submit an application to the Connecticut
Department of Transportation in an amount not to exceed 60,000 to conduct a targeted high visibility enforcement program for distracted driving during the periods April 2 through April 30, 2018 and August 1 through August 15, 2018, and to accept such funds if offered and to execute all documents and contracts as necessary. (Unanimous Consent Granted. Resolution Adopted).
5. From Alder Santana, submitting on behalf of the residents of Riverview Street, Crofton Street and Judith Terrace, an Order for the permanent
closure of a portion of Judith Terrace where it intersects with Riverview Street. (Referred to City Services and Environmental Policy Committee and concurrently to City Plan Commission, Public Works, and Transportation, Traffic and Parking).
8. From the Director of Transportation, Traffic, Parking submitting an Order authorizing the Mayor to accept state funding and to execute a Project
Authorization Letter ( PAL ) and any subsequent project authorization letter amendments ( PAL Amendments ) for a traffic signal upgrade project: downtown phase I [state project 92-666]. (Referred to City Services and Environmental Policy Committee and concurrently to City Plan Commission and Public Works).
10. From the Director of Transportation, Traffic Parking submitting an Order approving the closure of Temple Street in front of the Omni New Haven
Hotel, from Chapel Street to Crown Street, on Sunday May 27, 2018 from 9:30am to 10:00am. (Referred to City Services and Environmental Policy Committee and concurrently to City Plan Commission and Transportation, Traffic and Parking).
11. From the Deputy Economic Development Administrator and Acting City Plan Director submitting a zoning map amendment to change the zoning
designation of properties located on Munson Street and Shelton Avenue from Heavy Industry (IH) to middle high density residence (RM-2) and general high density (RH-2). (Referred to Legislation Committee and concurrently to City Plan Commission, Transportation Traffic and Parking, Public Works and South Central Regional Council of Governments).
26. From the Mayor submitting a Resolution in support of improvements at Tweed-New Haven Airport and throughout the surrounding community to attract
additional air service and offer benefits for New Haven residents. (Referred to Community Development Committee, concurrently to Transportation, Traffic and Parking, Public Works, and City Plan Commission).